Friday, February 4, 2011

well, ready or not....here I come

Here I am posting away at my new blog.  I guess I should start with a disclaimer:  Attention readers! If you are an "awe" person then don't even try to read this blog. How do you know if you are an "AWE" person?  Here's a quiz: Would you choose a."There's a puppy running across the grass! So cute!....awe!"  or  b."There's a puppy taking a dump on Ted's new grass!  awesome!" Choose "b" my friends do.  I just wanted you to be aware that "a" people will be offended at some point during this blog so you can't say I didn't warn you. I'm glad I got that out of the way so I can start talking trash.

I am an art teacher in a public school here at the beach. I love teaching. It is my passion...oh what the hell am I saying? I spend the better part of my day watching the hilarious events that happen around me all day long.  Oh yeah, I teach kids on the side when I have to but mostly I just hear this running commentary in my head all day and I just have to put it on paper for the world to read. Don't worry I promise I will not write about teaching all the time, but even non-teachers will be able to identify with my stories and observations because humans are humans even when they wear holiday sweatshirts and sensible shoes...okay, maybe not holiday sweatshirts because those things are just plain hideous but you get my drift, right?
Today was Friday and every teacher knows that Friday is a High Holy day in public schools... can I get an amen? I actually wore a faded track suit today with huge rubber clogs and no one even noticed because I earned the right to be a slob 'cause I taught school all week long, bitches!  That's right, uh-huh.  I said it!
 Weary faculty members pass each other in the hall like sailors waiting for shore leave. "It's almost time!  The clock is ticking! When will this week end?  Have a nice weekend! Wanna go to Happy Hour?"  Hell no! I had to look at your ugly faces all week long why would I want to go and watch you swill down cheap beer?  I'm going to Target! WOO-HOO!  It's Friday!

2 comments:

Kimberly F. Adams said...

Jane, you have not changed one iota since high school! You were a smart-ass then and you're an even more skillful smart-ass now. I'm so glad we've reconnected so that I can continue to be entertained with your sarcastic, quick-witted sense of humor. Lemme give you an AMEN SIST'A!

Sarah said...

Faded track suit.... Bahahahahhaha