Sunday, February 13, 2011

She Must Be On Her Period

Why is it that when a woman asserts herself some insecure man assumes that woman is on her period?  Seriously?  It is the twenty first century and some men still make that assumption!  These are the same Neanderthals who also assume that if a woman turns down their irresistible offer of sex that she must be a lesbian…and he wants to watch.
This argument has been going on ever since the first woman refused to pound her husband’s deerskin on a rock down by the river.  “Wash your own filthy drawers, chief.  Oh, and while I’m at it, your mother needs to move into her own god damned tee-pee.” 
She must be on her period because what woman would ever refuse the honor of washing her significant other’s filthy underwear unless her monthly flow has created a chemical imbalance re- adjusting her brain waves?  The nerve!
Well gentlemen I am here to debunk this myth here and now.  If I assert myself and state my case in a less than cordial tone it does not necessarily indicate a flow of menstrual blood.  It could mean that I am an intelligent, cognitively aware individual who doesn’t give a flying crap whether you think I’m cute or not.  If I assert myself and state my case in a less than cordial tone while wielding an axe, well then I just may be an intelligent, cognitively aware individual with ass kicking cramps and a flow that could float a diesel truck and you may have a valid point.  By the way, I  advise that you throw me a bag of chocolate and get the hell out of my way ‘cause I sharpened this axe this time last month when you forgot to bring the trash cans up in a timely manner
Don’t EVER ask a woman if she is on her period unless you are on your way to Walgreens to pick up a large box of super absorbent tampons, a bottle of extra strength Midol, and a one pound Cadbury milk chocolate bar.  A copy of People magazine would be nice too. 

No comments: